Monday, September 03, 2007

Lost Words, Missing Posts & Barn Owls



Caribou - Barnowl

Apologies for the break in transmission during Dan Snaith Appreciation Week. I had written final pieces about his two most recent albums 'The Milk of Human Kindness' (2005) and 'Andorra', but the files somehow got corrupted and despite my best efforts to retrive them, I lost all the words. I tried starting them again but couldn't recapture the original sentiments so have decided to wait a while and try again when I'm not so pissed off at the work I lost.

Anyway - here's the insanely good 'Barnowl', initially released as a one-sided 12" prior to the release of 'The Milk of Human Kindness'. Enjoy and apologies again for the missing posts. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how good Dan Snaith is. He's on tour acrosss the UK throughout September, starting at Barden's Boudoir in London on Wednesday 5th September so try and catch him as the Caribou live experience is something to behold - not sure if he's got the two drummers this time though. All details of the live dates are available on his website

Also, here is the mini-documentary made by the BBC Collective in which Snaith talks about the making of 'Andorra'. It's well worth watching -



Buy Caribou from Norman Records
Caribou website
Caribou My Space

Joe.