Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Kissy League



Kissy Sell Out vs. The Human League - Things That Dreams Are Made Of

This is my favourite ever Human League song and I wouldn't normally approve of anybody f-f-fucking around with it, but Essex electro geezer and Radio 1 new boy Kissy Sell Out has done a brilliant job of giving it a facelift. He hasn't pissed around with it too much and why would he? It's an absolute crackerjack to begin with. But he has added a nice twisted bassline and some crazed analogue synth flourishes resulting in a devastating dancefloor destroyer. Loving it... I've got no idea what the remix is part of. It turned up on my doormat this morning in a package from a new promotions company, along with a load of tasty remixes linked to the forthcoming 'Best of Output' triple CD that's coming out in November. I'll be writing about that very soon. There was an email address on the CDr, so if you like the track, why don't you tell him yourself - thekissyleague@googlemail.com.

Kissy Sell Out aka 22-year-old Central Saint Martin's graduate Tommy Bisdee has just released his first 12" on his own San City High label, and is currently working on his debut album. Like me, he's an electro nut. His recent eBay purchases include the classic Egyptian Lover 12" 'The Alezby Inn', along with the 'Love and Dancing' LP by The Human League - probably what inspired him to get busy with the remix. He's already remixed the likes of Calvin Harris, Sugababes, Groove Armada and Mark Ronson - not exactly a list that thrills me, but he's definitely on the up and I wouldn't really be sticking my neck out too far by saying he's one to watch. What's the betting he ends up working with Madge on her next album?

I'm off again for a week or so.

See ya!

Kissy Sell Out website
Kissy Sell Out My Space
Buy The Human League from Amazon

Joe.